SOLID HARDWARE SPECS FOR GAMING AND MORE
With comprehensive cooling options and upgraded power delivery to fuel CPUs with more cores, plus support for faster memory and storage, ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming provides exceptional performance in a compact, minimalist form factor that's perfect for minimalist battlestations.
Digital power control and an array of DrMOS power stages ensure the ROG Strix Z390 Gaming Series has the muscle to control Intel's latest CPUs.
COOLER BY DESIGN
ROG Strix Z390 Gaming series features the most comprehensive cooling options ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS
DDR4 OC 4600+MHz
To provide Intel's latest CPUs with unfettered access to memory bandwidth, we've reimagined motherboard trace routing from the ground up. Our OptiMem II tech carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and also adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk. And to further enhance overclocking headroom for fully stacked memory configurations, we've employed a highly customized T-Topology layout that delivers time-aligned signaling.
Ultra Wi-Fi support
ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming features the latest Intel 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2x2 MU-MIMO and wide 160MHz channels, for wireless speeds of up to 1.73Gbps.* In fact, its integrated Wireless-AC 9560 Wi-Fi adapter pushes wireless data up to 2X faster than other Wi-Fi solutions — so you'll get fast, smooth transfers, even when your rig is further away from the router. Intel Wireless-AC 9560 also offers Bluetooth 5.0 for connections that are up to 2X faster than ever before, and with up to 4X the range.
Shielded Audio, Superior Sound
Immerse yourself in sound with SupremeFX audio technology. Utilizing the S1220A codec, SupremeFX is the integrated-audio solution that's engineered to provide a flat frequency response for a neutral, detailed sound signature. And to ensure that pristine signature is perfectly preserved, the front-panel output is driven with dual op amps, delivering sonics with the scale and authority to create virtual worlds via your gaming headset.
DESIGN, CUSTOMIZATION, AND SETUP
A host of design touches, including a unique cyber-text pattern, plus customization options, comprehensive validation lists, and the most diverse ecosystem of components in the industry make building and personalizing a gaming rig with ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming wonderfully easy.
Outshine the Competition
ROG Strix motherboards deliver sterling performance and superior aesthetics to Outshine the Competition. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the onboard RGB header — and it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
Having the freedom to pick and choose the parts that go into your machine is at the heart of PC DIY. That's why ROG Strix undergoes an extensive certification program focused on providing the very best compatibility with the widest range of components and devices. Our extensive list of guaranteed-compatible components is an invaluable aid to building a ROG Strix gaming rig. It specifies thousands of compatible parts, and it includes a dedicated Qualified Vendor List (QVL) for memory — so you can build fuss-free.
The ROG Strix Ecosystem Awaits
Gear up with ROG Strix components, from graphics and sound cards, to mice and keyboards, and up your game with complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility — and enjoy more choice than any competing brand.
TUNE YOUR RIG THE WAY YOU WANT
Whether it's overclocking, cooling, assigning network priorities, or tuning audio characteristics, the ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming has the firmware options and software utilities to tailor your rig's performance for any type of gaming environment.
Intel Z390 chipset
The Intel® Z390 is a single-chipset design that supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the chipset provides a maximum of six USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, and 32Gbps M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel Z390 also supports integrated-graphics, so you'll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
Ready for Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors
This motherboard supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors, with integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
- Supports HDMI 2.0 with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ / 60 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz *1
Wireless Data Network
- Dual Headphone Amplifiers
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
- High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback *4
- SupremeFX Shielding™ Technology
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- Sonic Radar III
- Sonic Studio III + Sonic Studio Link
ROG Exclusive Features
- RAMCache III
- GameFirst V
- Full BCLK range for extreme overclocking performance
- Whole system optimization with a single click! 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU, EPU, DIGI+ Power Control, Fan Xpert 4, and Turbo App together, providing better CPU performance, efficient power saving, precise digital power control, whole system cooling and even tailor your own app usages.
- Auto Tuning, TurboV, GPU Boost
- DRAM Overcurrent Protection
- Highly Durable Components
- DIGI+ VRM
- ESD Guards on LAN, Audio,and USB ports
- Optimem (Improved DDR4 stability)
- Improved DDR4 Stability
- Aura Lighting Control
- Aura RGB Strip Headers
- Aura Lighting Effects Synchronization with compatible ASUS ROG devices
- Aura Addressable Strip Header(s)
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- AURA-RGB Lighting
Back I/O Ports
Internal I/O Ports
*1 DP 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport compliant, supports DP 1.2 monitor daisy chain up to 3 displays.
*2 When the M.2_1 Socket is operating in SATA mode, SATA port 2 will be disabled. Adjust BIOS settings to use a SATA device.
*3 Intel® Optane Technology only supported when using 8th Generation Intel® Processors. Before using Intel® Optane memory modules, ensure that you have updated your motherboard drivers and BIOS to the latest version from ASUS support website.
*4 Due to limitations in HDA bandwidth, 32-Bit/192kHz is not supported for 8-Channel audio.