2nd Generation PCIe 4.0x4 Controller
The 2nd generation PCIe 4.0 controller PS5018-E18 deliver sequential read/write up to 7GB/s with 3D TLC NAND Flash. The E18 controller is built with the advanced 12nm process ensuring sufficient computing power. Also it supports up to 8 NAND Flash channel with 32CE, DDR4 SLC caching and meets NVMe 1.4.
NAND Flash Selected for High Quality and Performance
Selected High Speed 3D TLC NAND Flash (1200MT/s)
The 3D TLC NAND Flash(96L) is operating at 1200MT/s, Which is 50 % more than the prevision version that leads to better performance.
Xtreme Storage Performance
With 2nd generation PCIe 4.0 controller E18, AORUS Gen4 7000s SSD delivers blazing speeds: up to 7,000 MB/s for sequential read, and up to 5,500MB/s sequential write. Sequential Read performance of PCIe 4.0 SSDs is up to 2 times faster than the PCIe 3.0 SSDs. Get ready to enter the next generation of computing with faster and smoother, gaming, streaming, and graphics intensive rendering.
Optimized Aluminum Heat Spreaders with Nanocarbon Coating for 20% Cooler
Challenged passive cooling to maximize surface area for heat dissipation with advanced thermal technology Nanocarbon coating. Applied with dual side high conductivity thermal pad ensures the heat transferring to the heatsink. The 7mm height heatsink is compatible with all the M.2 slots including the one under graphic card.
Efficient Heat Spreader Design
Compared with regular heat spreader, the new high efficient heat spreader improves thermal dissipation to extend 46% more time running at high speed. In addition, compared to the one without heatsink, AORUS 7000s Gen4 SSD running 5 times longer at 7GB/s. Enjoy the smoother & upgraded storage performance.
Why is keeping an SSDs at lower temperatures so important?
Higher working temperature may cause data loss. The degradation factor of data loss could be a hundred times higher. With Heat Spreaders, the AORUS Gen4 7000s SSD can operate at lower working temperatures to improve data storage reliability. Furthermore, SSDs can running at extreme performance longer.
AORUS Gen4 7000s SSD meets SSD expansion requirements of PS5
* Test system configuration: configuration may vary by models, we will choose the latest platform for verification.
* Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version and system hardware & configuration. Sequential performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark v.5.1.2 and I0meter 1.1.0.
* Speeds based on internal testing. Actual performance may vary.
* TBW (Terabyte Written):Terabytes Written" is the total amount of data that can be written into an SSD before it is likely to fail.
* 1GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual useable capacity may vary.
* 5 years or 700TBW, whichever comes first.
* TBW is evaluated by JEDEC workload standard.